Pentens® T-200H is based on a newly developed Water based Polyurethane and Acrylic Polymers. It is dramatically reduces solar heat absorption in either air-conditioned or non-air conditioned buildings. It takes the majority of the heat load off a building’s skin and reduces temperatures to approximately that of outside shade.
Pentens® T-200H is a one-part elastomeric cross linking latex copolymer emulsion designed as exposed waterproofing coating.
Areas of application include:
RC gutters and planter boxes, Floor slabs, Roof decks, Wood siding / Fences, External wall, Flat roof, Metal roof, Concrete structures.
- High elongation.
- Can resist to ponding water.
- Water based, environment friendly.
- Air and UV protection.
- Easy-cleaning and weather resistant
- Chemical resistant and waterproof.
- User friendly, suitable use on any surface.
- Adheres well over aged, galvanized and metal roofs, wood, asphalt or aluminum coatings, polystyrene foam insulation, polyester plastic panels, pre-cast flat concrete and barrel cement tiles and many roofing materials.
- Prevention of ravages of acid rain, freeze thaw, cycles, sunlight, bacteria and fungus.
Surface must be sound, dry and clean (free of dirt, gravel, pollution, mildew and all foreign material). Do not apply if any rain is imminent. Repair flashings and damaged areas. Cracks and old bitumen joints shall be repaired first. On existing surfaces must be thoroughly cleaned before applying Pentens T-200H.
Remove all gravel. The main reason on of applying gravel on the roof was to protect the old surface from the sun’s rays. Removing g gravel will greatly reduce the weight load on the roof, and provide a firm surface for the new coating.
Sweep and vacuum or power wash surface to remove dirt and dust. Cut out roof of blisters and repair with acrylic embedded in polyester fabric or polymer concrete.
Remove mildew with sodium hypochlorite or other algaecide and rinse with Tack down curled, lifted seams flush with the surface. Fill any other gaps with silicon impregnated latex caulk. Any loose shingles should be gently lifted and glued down with roofing cement.
Substrate should be primed with a 1 1:3 mixture of Pentens T-007 and water. Brush on at the approximate rate of 0.3kg/m2.
On areas exposed hot drying winds. 2 to 3 thin coats of paint may be more successful than 1 thick coat.
Pentens T-200H is suggested to apply at least 2 coats. The first coat should be a applied in one direction only. If possible the second coat should be applied at right angles to the first. Leave to cure for approximately 2 to 8 hours before applying second coat. Pentens T-200H can be installed with conventional airless spray equipment, brush or roller.
The best method to as sure good penetration of the first coat into the surface is by application with a nap roller. The succeeding coats may be spray or roller applied.
- Coverage: On concrete roof 0.8~1.0 kg/m2/2 layer
- On facade/vertical – 0.67~1.0 kg/m2/2 layer
NOTE: Actual coverage may vary depending on substrate texture and porosity.
Tools and equipment can be clean with clean warm water immediately after use. Hardened material can only be mechanically removed.
Pentens T-200H is non-toxic. For personal precautions, applicators are recommended to wear gloves and goggles when handling Pentens T-200H.
- Thoroughly agitate contents before use.
- Minimum ambient and substrate temperature is 5°C.
- Never apply more than 1 kg/m2 of Pentens T-200H in one single layer.
- Apply only to clean, sound substrates where surfaces should be well dampened but free of surface water and leaks.