Pentens® E-501S is a high strength, excellent adhesion, ready-to-use, solvent-free, two-part epoxy putty filler. Formulated to a smooth creamy consistency, it mixes easily and can be used for sealing vertical, horizontal, and overhead cracks or voids on the surface of concrete before applying various types of finishing and coatings. Ideal for bonding injection ports of Low Pressure Epoxy Crack Injection System to concrete, steel and timber as it does not shrink or sag and can be easily sanded to a smooth surface.
Pentens® E-501S is safe to use in sensitive locations and it is environmentally friendly with extremely low VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds).
- As a sealer coat of water-based and/or solvent-based waterproofing / flooring works
- As a binder / sealer for fiber glass mat in tank lining works
- Fill cracks and holes in concrete and masonry structures
- Concrete patching mortar
- Environmentally friendly.
- Excellent wear and impact resistant properties
- Impervious to liquids and excellent resistant to chemicals
- Can be applied to slightly damp surfaces
- Can be safety applied to freshly laid gardened (green) concrete
- Non-flammable, negligible odor and toxicity
- Has excellent adhesion to most substrates including brick, masonry, concrete, compressed fiberboard, stone and timber
- Easy to use, smooth jelly-like consistency
- The substrate must be clean, dry, free of dust and any trace of formwork release oil.
- For optimum adhesion to concrete, apply a coat of PENTENS epoxy primer before applying PENTENS E-501S.
- Thoroughly mix the two components in the ratio of 2:1 by weight, using a mechanical forced action mixer with a high shear stirrer until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
- Only mix as much as may be used within the pot life of the product and avoid excessive aeration during mixing.
- Discard any material which has exceeded the pot life or working time of the product.
- Apply with putty knife or metal trowel.
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 12 hours at 250C/50%R.H. before applying top coatings or other surface treatments.
Ensure adequate ventilation. Natural cross flow ventilation should be adequate.
On contact, E-501S may cause irritation. Gloves and protective goggles must be worn during application and use. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and avoid breathing in vapor. Wear protective gloves when mixing or using. If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. If skin contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly for a minimum of 15 minutes and see a doctor.